St. Theodore Guerin High School in Noblesville is searching for a part-time farmer-instructor at St. Isidore Farm, its organic vegetable farm on campus. This is a part-time position from February through October. The position would average ten hours each week, with fluctuation throughout the season (and school) calendar. Start date would be February 12th, 2024.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Assist in growing high-quality food in an effective and safe manner, according to the sustainable and regenerative principles of the Farm’s approach. Tasks may include bed preparation, sowing & seed starting, weeding, irrigation, harvesting, and cleaning & sorting for customers
● Independently lead high school students and summer interns in various Farm tasks
● Clearly and respectfully communicate with the Farm Director about ongoing Farm operations
● Commonly do quick checks and/or water seedling trays on weekends
● Take over Farm leadership during times when the Farm Director is away
● Keep track of own hours and report them regularly
● Applicants should be comfortable working in a Catholic environment and must have respect for the
teachings of the Catholic Church.
● Applicants should have gardening experience and should be open to sustainable farming practices.
● Applicants should be physically able to do basic gardening tasks and should be willing to work outside in a range of weather conditions.
● Applicants should be comfortable working with high school students and volunteers, many of whom have very little gardening experience.
● Applicants should have good communication skills and be comfortable with interpreting occasional spreadsheets and task lists.
● Applicants should have a good work ethic, be self-motivated, and have attention to detail.
St. Isidore Farm is a school farm business, inviting students and the community into ecological education, sustainable
food systems, and food justice.
Applicants may submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The application deadline is Friday, December 18th, or until the position is filled.
send us your classifieds!
Everyone is welcome to post opportunities (jobs, internships, equipment, land, etc.) as well as things you're searching for (land, equipment, vendors for your market, etc.). Posting is free - we just want to help get the word out!