Job Title: Farm Hand
Job Type: Seasonal Part/Full Time
Duration: March - November
Experience: Strongly Preferred but not necessary
Location: 727 N Oriental St, Indianapolis, IN 46202-3766, United States
If interested, please email a resume with a cover letter to email@example.com. Questions are welcome!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Travel for work at various farm sites around Indianapolis (centrally located)
- Work some assigned hours, with additional flexible hours to fill out your week (based on needs/weather/etc.)
- Work on all farm tasks including: weeding, planting, bed prep, harvesting, digging, composting, seed starting
- Report to farmers for task lists and assignments
- Work independently after receiving instruction on particular tasks
- Ensure is work is performed with a sense of urgency to avoid wilting produce during harvest, to make produce delivery deadlines, and complete tasks on time
- Work alongside farmers to complete harvests and field work
- Keep and report harvest records (crop, date, location, quantity)
- Work alongside work share participants and volunteers and guide them when necessary
- Lead summer apprenticeship & high school internship participants at owned sites during farm work days
- Work outdoors during all weather conditions.
- Must be able to bend, squat, lift, and move continuously.
- Must be strong and able-bodied.
- Must work with a sense of urgency.
- Must have a car for making deliveries.
- Must be available Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- Other work time is flexible.
send us your posts!
Everyone is welcome to post opportunities (jobs, internships, equipment, land, etc.) as well as things you're searching for (land, equipment, etc.).